Running with Crayons today revealed Alfred Remote, an iOS application that turns an apple iphone or iPad into a push-button control for various jobs on a customer’s Mac, from managing a screensaver to launching applications (using The Verge).
Designed with parity of the Alfred application on the Mac Application Establishment in mind, Alfred for iOS likewise permits individuals to broaden right into systemwide communications with their desktop. Customers with a Powerpack addition to their Alfred 2 experience, which costs about $25, could after that make use of the Remote to regulate Powerpack-exclusive attributes via iOS.
These include iTunes playback, copying and also pasting from iOS to OS X, running user-defined scripts, AppleScripts, as well as terminal commands, as well as creating as well as managing custom-made Operations for improved productivity. Typical features like opening up sites as well as establishing a screensaver are readily available to all users.
With a solitary discuss your iOS device, you could regulate many Alfred 2 activities on your Mac, consisting of:
– Show Alfred 2 on your Mac
– System Commands: Lock, restart, close down, log out or sleep your Mac, expel all devices, quit all applications as well as empty trash
– Release Applications and also System Preferences on your Mac
– Open up files and folders you have actually defined on your Mac
– Open sites as well as bookmarks, or pop up Alfred with a custom-made search loaded in
– Change tough to keep in mind hotkey combinations and also keywords with icons on iOS
To be able to fully make use of the functions of each application, customers will require both Alfred 2 for Mac as well as Alfred Remote for iOS, and also have both of them operating on the exact same Wi-Fi connection.
Alfred Remote can be bought from the Application Establishment for $4.99.