A Vodafone retail store in Canberra, Australia was reportedly left earlier today after an in-store demo iPad ‘exploded’, filling the location with smoke and stimulates, shows News.com.au. While nobody was harmed throughout the event, the iPad apparently gave off the sparks from its charging port as firemens were called to the scene to handle the circumstance. An Apple representative apparently saw the scene afterwards to explore the surge, however Apple has actually not commented on the incident.

Interestingly, the report originally stated that the gadget was an iPad Air, however the short article has actually because been changed to merely refer to it as an ‘iPad’ and the gadget received the picture accompanying the short article doesn’t appear to have the narrower side bezels seen on the brand-new iPad Air.

Get the most up to date on iPhone/iPad innovation: Ipads Advisor

This isn’t the first time this year that an Apple product was implicated of being a safety danger, as a female in China suffered eye injuries from her iPhone 5 after it blew up while she was on the phone this previous August. Furthermore, a Chinese guy was left in a coma after receiving an electricity shock while charging his iPhone 4 in July, which followed the death of a Chinese female under similar conditions.

Both latter incidents apparently included using unauthorized third-party adapters, with Apple reacting to the occasions by establishing a worldwide third-party USB charger ‘Takeback Program’ providing official replacement chargers for $10 to anyone who turns in a suspect adapter.

Apple started selling the iPad Air last Friday in over thirty countries through its official online store and at different other outlets.