One of the major features that Apple included in iOS 8 is the capability for app-to-app communication, which is done via something called ‘extensions.’ Expansions create a more fluid process by allowing you accessibility 3rd party application functions via indigenous iOS applications. You could include the ‘Litely’ photo modifying app’s expansion to Photos, which would certainly allow you access its modifying devices directly from your iPad’s Photos application, instead compared to opening up Litely as well as modifying from there. Alternate keyboards are one more instance of extensions. There are lots of apps that are extendable to Safari as well, we’ll utilize Pocket for this instance, which is a helpful application that permits you save write-ups, video clips, and so on for later on viewing. Here’s exactly how you include an extension to Safari:
1. Open your Safari web browser and also touch the Share/Action button, which is the box with an up arrow in the top right of your screen.
2. On the first degree of choices (the sharing choices), scroll to the right until you acquire to the ‘A lot more’ icon. Tap it. (Note: Some extensions will certainly be discovered under the ‘More’ menu in the second row of icons, the ‘activity’ choices. Pocket takes place to be a sharing extension.)
3. This raises an ‘Tasks’ food selection. If you have an application that has an expansion for Safari, you will view it right here with a toggle following to it.
4. Toggle it on and also tap ‘Done’ in the leading right.
5. Now when you open your share food selection you will see a symbol for the app extension you added. To use it, just touch on it. In Pocket’s instance, state you find a post you would like to review yet don’t have time to presently. Simply use the Pocket extension to wait, then you can read it later (and on other tool you have Pocket on).
That’s all there is to it.