If you – or your family or friends – have simply unpacked a brand new iPad, or retina iPad mini for Christmas, particularly if it’s your first one, you are in for a treat. In this post we will show you how to set up your new iPad and get things going so you can enjoy your new iPad to the fullest on a fun filled mobile tech journey. How you start that journey depends upon whether this is your first iPad or you’ve actually been an iPad owner before.
Get the current on iPhone/iPad innovation: Ipads Advisor
Setting up new iPad
- Slide your finger across the bottom of the screen where it says slide to set up.
- Now choose your language on the next screen.
- Choose your country in the next list.
- If you’ve WiFi, tap on your WiFi network on the next menu. At the same time, you can make use of a cellular connection, if you’ve an iPad that supports cellular information and it’s already been activated by your provider.
- Type in your WiFi password if you’ve one.
- Now choose if you ‘d like to enable Location Services. Certain apps like Maps will require area services to be allowed so keep that in mind.
- On the next screen, choose Set up as new iPad.
- Now you can either sign in with an existing Apple ID or you can create a new one if you don’t already have one.
- Next choose if you’d like to use iCloud to backup and sync your contacts, calendars, and various other information. Many people choose yes for this step.
- Now choose if you’d like Find My iPad to be turned on. We highly suggest enabling Discover My iPad so in case your iPad is ever lost or stolen, you might track it from any iOS gadget by signing into the Find My iPhone app or by browsing the web to icloud.com. It likewise assists avoid burglars from having the ability to wipe out your information without knowing your iCloud password.
- On the next screen, select the phone numbers and emails you ‘d like people to be able to make use of to call you. Tap them to pick or deselect them.
- Now select if you ‘d such as to allow Siri. We ‘d suggest choosing yes.
- Next let Apple understand if you ‘d like them to be able to gather diagnostics from your iPad to much better enhance iOS and their products. This decisions is completely up to you.
- That’s all there’s to it. You can now begin using your new iPad!
Setting up iTunes
In order to download music, Apps, iBooks, or various other content from Apple you’ll need to set up iTunes.
- Go to General and scroll down to iTunes and App Store.
- If you don’t have an iTunes account you’ll be prompted to set one up. If you do, enter in your iTunes credentials. This doesn’t have to be your iCloud account info. It can be.
- In iTunes and App Shop you can opt to have Music, Apps, Books or Updates immediately download to your gadget. Some choose to have Apps automatically update. Some do not. Make your selections.
- You can likewise select whether or not Apps, Music and other content can be downloaded by means of a Cellular Connection. Make your choice.
Now you prepare to begin Setting up Apps. Apple will present you with a screen that reveals you what free Apple Apps are available for you to download. These consist of Garage Band, iPhoto, iMovie, Pages, Figures, KeyNote, iBooks and more.
And now, you are ready to enjoy your new iPad.