Handling daily emails on Apple Watch is possibly short on the list of things you wish to finish with the wrist-worn device, particularly given that you can not really compose or react to emails in the Apple Watch Mail application. Nevertheless, Mail can be a helpful method to cleanse out your inbox without pulling out your iPhone. And also, if you have to attend to an e-mail as soon as possible, you could consistently use Handoff with your iPhone or Mac.
We’ve got some essentials for how you can use the Mail application on Apple Watch, plus some helpful ideas on customizing the app to match your on-the-go needs.
If you are out and also around and also wish to know if that e-mail you have been awaiting has ultimately appeared, you could use Apple Watch that can help you out. Mail for Apple Watch sustains information detectors, so you can tap on phone numbers or addresses to automatically launch the ideal app right from an e-mail, a hassle-free attribute when you’re out as well as about.
- Navigate to the Home Display by pushing the Digital Crown and also locate your Mail application icon.
- Tap the Mail app.
- Use the Digital Crown to scroll through inbox notifications, or drag your finger up or down on the screen.
- Tap an e-mail to read the contents.
- You can mark the e-mail as unread, flag it, or garbage it from within the physical body of the e-mail. Press securely on the display screen to telephone the offered actions.
- You could additionally promptly erase, flag, or mark as unread messages from the inbox listing. Swipe to the left on a message header to phone the readily available actions.
The Mail application on Apple Watch is read-only, and some emails will not present on the wrist worn gadget. You can switch to the iPhone or the Mac to handle these emails using Handoff.
From the Lock screen on iOS 8, swipe up from the Handoff Mail application symbol in the reduced left edge of the display. If your iPhone is currently unlocked, double press the Home button and also wipe all the means to the left. Then, touch the Mail app icon.
From the dock on OS X Yosemite, click the Handoff Mail app icon at the front or top of the dock.
Customize Choices and Notifications
The most useful aspect of the Mail application on Apple Watch is obtaining alerts sent out directly to your wrist so you never ever miss out on an essential email, however sometimes, the default notice setups can be overwhelming. If you obtain a great deal of spam, you could wish to customize your notifications.
By default, alerts and Mail options mirror the settings of your apple iphone, but if you just intend to obtain notifications from particular people or from VIPs that you have actually set aside, you can alter the options using the Apple Watch app on the iPhone.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your apple iphone as well as select My Watch.
- Tap Notifications. Tap Mail.
- Tap Custom to customize your notifications for each e-mail account.
- Select an email account. Then, toggle the Sound and also Haptics functions on or off, depending upon your preference.
Email Account Options:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and also choose My Watch.
- Tap Mail. Then tap Customized to tailor the choices for your email accounts.
- You could decide to view all inboxes or pick one account. You could also opt to view only the emails in a certain folder, like VIPs or Starred mail.
- You can change in between one or two lines of header to preview from the Message Sneak peek section.
- Tap Flag Style to switch between shade and shape icons for flagged emails.
- If you are stressed over unintentionally deleting a vital message, activate the Ask Before Removing feature.
- You can organize emails by chat or view them as single messages in order.
By knowing every one of your choices, Mail on Apple Watch can be quite useful for maintaining you hooked up to essential emails throughout the day while still allowing you to be in the minute. Swiftly triaging emails from your wrist will release you as much as spend even more face time with those around you.
If you’re trying to find an email application that could do more, there are a few third-party alternatives that offer features Apple’s own Mail application does not. Readdle’s Spark email app for the iPhone, for example, includes an Apple Watch part that lets you store, snooze, and reply to emails using dictation.